Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OBAMA!



First off I have to say F*CK YESSSS OBAMAAAA!!!! Words cannot describe how excited I am to have him as our president for the next four years.  Yesterday was my first voting experience in a presidential election even though I’m 22. In 2008, there wasn’t one candidate I felt strongly about so I decided not to vote but that’s beside the point. As I stated in class I was SO STRESSED about this election.  I had work last night and was so anxious to get out and watch the votes being tallied.

I got out of work around 9:30 and raced home to watch the news. On the way back my roommate called me saying Obama had just gotten ahead but when I got home Romney was back on top. My anxiety was going through the roof and my social media sites were going crazy. Between twitter and facebook it was nonstop. At around 11:15 I saw someone post “OBAMA RE-ELECTED” on twitter and I was so confused because nothing had been announced yet to my knowledge.  I switched the channel and saw on MSNBC that the race was called even though Ohio was still up in the air and Obama had won. 

I jumped around my apartment and was screaming at the top of my lungs I was so excited. I am so happy that I took part in this election and Obama came out on top. I see a strong future for our country and I have a ton of faith in Obama that he will do his absolute best to make the US prosper.
I was also happy with the turn out of the senate and the other local politicians who were elected. I look forward to the next four years and the changes that are yet to come!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture I actually posted that one myself so that's funny. But I can relate on the anxiety because Romney was up for a while at the start and had me stressed. Then it kept going back and fourth and everyone I was with was like sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hack yes F*** YEAH we got Obama back 4 more years....and this pic U Mad is priceless

    ReplyDelete